Homebank has been updated yet again, bringinig new bug-fixes.
HomeBank is an open-source, cross-platform management software available for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows and Meego, that enables the users to manage their finances and keep track of their transactions.
The latest version available is HomeBank 5.0.3, which has been recently released, coming with bug-fixes (from the changelog):
- wish: internal xfer credit should display from account
- wish: button to expand/collapse all in “Manage Categories”
- wish: thinking of icon credit vs debit card
- wish: add ability to modify transaction when posting from template
- bug-fix: Dont work: “Save file as”. If I change the file name, it does not change.
- bug-fix: some OFX files leads to crash
- bug-fix: memo field truncated
- bug-fix: OFX imports incorrect date
Homebank is available via some third party PPA, so installing Homebank on Ubuntu and keeping it up to date is easy. Just add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the homebank package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mdoyen/homebank
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install homebank
Optional, to remove homebank, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove homebank
The installation instructions should work on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and derivative systems Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2.