As you may know, Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is a simple and lightweight news aggrecator with a GTK interface.
The latest version available is Liferea 1.11.7, which has been recently released, bringing bug-fixes only:
- Add support for media:group.
- Fixes issues with media:content.
- Bad .desktop categories definition
- Fixes rules no visible in searchdialog
- No “Download” tab in Tools/Preferences
- Segfault when sorting feeds in folder
- Fixes French translation
- Updated manpage
Up to date packages are available via some third party PPA, so installing the software on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and derivative systems like Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana and Elementary OS 0.3 Freya systems is easy.
All you need to do is add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the liferea package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:klaus-vormweg/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install liferea
Optional, to remove liferea, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove liferea