SeaMonkey is a web browser, IRC chat client and a HTML editing suite. Recently, two versions of SeaMonkey were launched.
SeaMonkey 2.15.1 is a stable version and SeaMonkey 2.16 is unstable, just a beta version.
This is how to install SeaMonkey on your Linux and Unix box.
1. Download the source:
* the 2.15.1 stable version
$ wget ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.15.1/source/seamonkey-2.15.1.source.tar.bz2
* the 2.16 testing version:
2. Extract the archive:
$ tar -xjvf seamonkey*.bz2
3. Create the makefile:
$ cd seamonkey*
4. Compile the sources (as root):
5. Install the application (as root):
# make install
6. Remove the generated, useless now, files:
# make clean
Leave a Reply