Tomato App is a time management application based on the Pomodoro technique, specially developed for the Elementary OS 0.3 Freya and Elementary OS 0.2 Luna systems.
The app is quite straight-forward, after you start the counter, you will be notified after 25 minutes to take a break. The users can modify the pomodoro duration and break duration, via Settings.
The latest version available is Tomato 1.0, which brings the below changes:
- Colorful windows to represent the current app status
- Warning notifications (if the app is paused for a long period)
- Motivational notifications
- Notification sound
- Time worked: how much time you worked in the current day
- Progress bar (when the app window is not focused)
- Quick controls (right-click the app icon to see them)
To install Tomato on Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, you need to add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the tomato package:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:tomato-team/tomato-stable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install tomato
Optinal, to remove tomato, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove tomato