The KDE 4.11 Beta desktop environment is about to be released soon and the KDE developers have promised the users new and awesome features.
Among other features and bugfixes, these are the most important:
- KDE Plasma desktop may start on Wayland
- KWin, KDE’s window manager will be experimenta, with a Wayland backend
- Speed improvements for Nepomuk
- Kate, the KDE default text editor gets new changes
- WebP image format support for Kolourpaint
This will be the last KDE release from the KDE 4.* family. The next KDE desktop environment will be 5.0.