Hello Linux Geeksters. Kwheezy is a Debian Wheezy derivates, optimized to use the KDE desktop environment. KWheezy 1.2 has been recently released.
Kwheezy 1.2 comes with the following changes, since the previous version:
- Incorporates a couple of remaining installer bug fixes.
- Kwheezy Profiler, a new GUI tool to backup and restore user profiles.
- Rekonq browser updated to 2.3.2.
- Steam client installed by default.
- PlayOnLinux installed by default.
- Some open source games (kdegames, dreamchess) included.
- deb-multimedia.org packages replaced by official Debian packages. The necessary codecs / decoders included from Kwheezy repo instead.
- Some minor tweaking here and there.
In this article I will show you how to update Kwheezy 1.1 to Kwheezy 1.2, via the apt package manager. Follow this instructions exactly, in order to get a successful update.
Run the following command, with root privileges:
$ sudo replace-dmo-packages
Install the newly added packages:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install steam-debian playonlinux kdegames dreamchess basket tree libwine-cms libwine-gphoto2 libwine-ldap libwine-print libwine-sane libwine-alsa libwine-openal libwine-oss libwine-gl
For detailed information about the migration from Kwheezy 1.1 to Kwheezy 1.2, see the official wiki page.