Edit: Due to the fact that this article is old, the installation instructions may not work anymore. In order to successfully install the latest version of LibreOffice, please access the libreoffice tag and open the latest article (the one on top).
Hello Linux Geeksters.
In this article I will show you how to upgrade to LibreOffice 4.0.3 on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 15 Olivia, Linux Mint 14 Nadia and Linux Mint 13 Maya.
The Document Fountation has just releasted LibreOffice 4.0.3, the third minor release of the Libreoffice 4.0 family.
Some fixes they brought to LibreOffice 4.0.3:
- A fix for Failure to read correct border info from OOXML (2nd edition) XLSX files
- A fix that prevents LibreOffice corrupting XLSX file
- Crash when opening particular RTF document with TABLES has been fixed
- Borders disappear while merging some cells in RTL tables issues has been resolved
- Impress forces excessive Xorg utilization and eventually crashes the window manager
How to Upgrade to LibreOffice 4.0.3 on Ubuntu and Linux Mint:
Add the PPA:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-0
Update LibreOffice to Libreoffice 4.0.3:
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade