Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, PengPod 1040 is a quad-core tablet, capable of dual booting both Linux and Android.
- 9.7″ IPS – 2048 x 1536 – Multi-Touch display
- 1000 Ghz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A7 processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB of internal memory + microSD card slot
- 7000 mAh battery
- 2 Megapixel main camera + 0.3 Megapixel front camera
- Bluetooth and 802.11b/g/n wifi
- HDMI Port, Micro USB OTG
For a full list of hardware specs, see this page.
For now, the tablet comes with Android 4.1 and Linaro 13.04 as default, but it also has support for the following Linux systems: Fedora, ArchLinux, OpenSUSE and Ubuntu Touch.
The developers also work making the PengPod 1040 compatible with the following systems: Debian, Bodhi, Tizen, Cyanogenmod, FirefoxOS, Mer/NemoMobile, Chromium OS, Plasma Active.
For more information, see the presentation video below:
Having good hardware specs, it has the potential of becoming a very good Linux tablet. If you want to support the project, you can order the tablet from IndieGoGo.