Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, the taiwanese company Gigastone has announced the release of the Smartbox , an all-in-one SD card reader, Wifi personal network and battery charger running an embeded Linux system, in the USA.
So, the smartbox charges your phone via USB and is capable of reading SD cards and streaming the content via WiFi, in order to make it easily accessible by the people in its range. It is capable of keeping your phone running and extend its battery with up to four hours.
The Gigastone device can stream content via WiFi up to six users in the same time, if they all have the Gigastone already installed on their Android or iOS device. Unfortunatelly, it does not provide internet via Wireless, only enables the users to upload and download data from the SD card.
There are three different models, the main difference being the battery power, so the hardware specs are almost the same:
- Processor – Qualcomm Atheros AR9331 @ 400 MHZ
- Memory 128 MB DDR RAM
- Storage: microSD card slot, up to 32 GB
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) with an up to 10 meters range
- Streaming format support: MP4/MOV/M4V, MP3/WAV, JPG/PNG/BMP
- USB Port
- Battery: 2500mAh, 8-hour active, 16-hour standby (A2-25B), 5000mAh, 16-hour active, 32 hours standby (A2-50B), DC 5V/ 1000mA power
- OS: embedded Linux 2.6.31
Leave a Reply