Hello Jolla Enthusiasts. As you may know, OCNews is an ownCloud news application, that syncs the user’s ownCloud server, enabling him to see the local available feed items offline. With a graphical user interface similar to Nokia N9′s Feed Reader, it enables the users to manage feeds and folders on the ownCloud server.
The latest version available is OCNews 1.6 which has been recently released, coming with the above changes and enhancements:
- NEW: second mode for the main view, choose between folders or all feeds (issue #10)
- NEW: the daemon is now reacting to network (only on Harmattan) and config changes (on both) (issue #17)
- NEW: display last refresh date in pulley menu (issu #9)
- NEW: translations for Spanish (by Mariano Flotron), Italian (by Lorenzo Facca) and Chinese(China) (by finalmix and gwmgdemj)
- Changed: nicer contributors page (issue #18)
- Changed: better indication for feeds and folders with no unread articles (issue #23)
- Fixed: unread count on cover is not updated when the app is displayed (issue #13)
- Fixed: if title contains an ampersand, the part after it was not shown (issue #22)
- Fixed: on hiding virtual keyboard, docked sorting panel was shown shortly (issue #24)
The easiest way for getting OCNews 1.6 on your Jolla’s Sailfish OS is to install it via Warehouse, the official openrepos.net client. Also, you can download the OCNews rpm package and install it via double-click, directly from the file manager.
For those who don’t know yet, Jolla is a project developed by former Nokia employees. The first Jolla smartphone is running on Sailfish OS, a modified Megoo Linux system, which is Android compatible, uses Wayland as the default display server , uses Nokia N9′s Maliit touchscreen keyboard and comes with interchangeable covers, allowing the users to easily switch them, in order to change the color/model of the phone and comes with impressive hardware specifications.
While apps with native Sailfish OS support can be installed via the Jolla Store and OpenRepos.net, Android apps can be installed via the same Jolla Store, or via F-Droid, Yandex Store, Amazon App Store, Aptoide and 1Mobile Android Market.