Hello Linux Geeksters. The Jolla developers have updated their operating system to Sailfish OS 188.8.131.52 Naamankajärvi.
If you don’t have any issues with your Jolla account, you should get an OS update notification when you are using WLAN. If not, you can manually start the update by doing the following:
- Open Settings app
- Go to System Settings -> About Product
- Pull down the pulley menu and select ‘Check for update’
- Once an OS update notification is received, tap on it and follow the instructions.
The new features brought by Sailfish OS 184.108.40.206:
- Landscape mode for Browser, gestures and notifications
- Pinch to zoom support in Camera viewfinder
- SMS support in Android runtime environment
- Clearly distinguish Android apps from native apps in Store
- Settings to disable/enable Quick call support in Phone app (from Settings->Apps->Phone)
- ‘Clear clipboard’ functionality
- Delete all contacts in one go ( via pulley menu option in People app settings)
- Improved recovery mode functionality introducing new features such as bootloader unlocking, shell and filesystem recovery options
- Exchange ActiveSync policies introduced (‘DevicePasswordEnabled’ only)
- Event location support to calendar events
For more information about the changes and enhancements brought by Sailfish OS 220.127.116.11, see the official changelog.
Also worth mentioning: In order not to get Android apps closing at startup, wait a while before you start them, after the first boot.