Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, System76 is a company that builds Ubuntu computers, laptops and servers. They choose wise the hardware components, in order to have full support on the Ubuntu Linux systems.
Their latest desktop release is Leopard Extreme,which comes in an elegant dark allumium case, with a transparent side, a self-contained liquid cooling solution that makes the computer very quiet, and amazing hardware specs.
Full specification list, from the official site:
- processor: 4th Generation Intel Core i7 and Extreme i7 Processors
- core logic: Intel X79 Express Chipset
- graphics: up to 6 GB nVidia Geforce GTX TITAN with 2,688 CUDA Cores
- memory: up to 64 GB Quad Channel DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
- storage: up to 12 TB SATA III, RAID Options, Optional Hot Swap Storage
- networking: Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000), Optional WiFi
- wireless: Optional 802.11 bgn
- audio system: Intel High Definition Audio (8 Channel via HDMI and Analog IO)
- front ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, eSATA, Microphone In, Headphone Out
- rear ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 8 x USB 2.0, S/PDIF Digital Audio Out, Analog Audio I/O, 2 x PS/2, RJ45 LAN
- expansion: 2 x PCI Express X16 (one occupied by graphics card), 1 x PCI Express X16 (X8 mode), 2 x PCI Express X1, 1 x 32-bit PCI slot
- power management: Suspend and Resume
- power supply: 750 Watt 80 Plus Certified. 80% or greater power efficiency
- dimensions: 8.27″ x 15.78″ x 19.53″ (W x H x D)
The starting price of System76’s Leopard Extreme is $ 1,699. All the additional hardware tweaks cost extra, of course.