Hello Linux Geeksters. The first release candidates (RC) versions of Linux Mint Debian Edition 2 Betsy (LMDE 2.0 Betsy) has been released in two flavors: Mate and Cinnamon.
LMDE 2.0 Betsy uses Debian 8.0 Jessie as code-base and uses Kernel 3.16.7 by default. Also, the below apps are available by default, Mozilla Firefox 36.0.1, Mozilla Thunderbird 31.5.0, Pidgin 2.10.11, GIMP 2.8.14, Transmission 2.84, LibreOffice 4.3.3, Banshee 2.6.2, VLC Media Player 2.2.0, mintInstall 7.6.0 and mintUpdate 4.8.2, among others.
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both
- 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 9GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution (1024×768 recommended).
- DVD drive or USB port
For more information about LMDE 2 Betsy RC (and download links), see the linux mint blog.
Also worth mentioning, a new Bluetooth configuration utility, named Blueberry, will be included in the final version of LMDE 2. The application has been designed to replace both the Cinnamon-Bluetooth and Blueman utilities and will be desktop-environment independent, having support for Cinnamon, Mate, Gnome, XFCE, Unity and other GTK-based DEs.