Hello Linux Geeksters. Jolla has created a video presentation, demonstrationg the Sailfish OS’s usability.
Highlight of the video:
- double tap on the screen to unlock the device
- pull down, in order to access some features like: silent mode, camera, etc
- to send an app in the background, push it out of the way
- both Android and Sailfish OS compatibility
- the phone acts and looks different, according to the ambiance selected: Work, Party, Chill, Jogging, Nature or Fall
For those who don’t know yet, Jolla is a project developed by former Nokia employees. The first Jolla smartphone is running on Sailfish OS, a modified Megoo Linux system, which is Android compatible, uses Wayland as the default display server and has interchangeable covers, allowing the users to easily switch them, in order to change the color/model of the phone and comes with impressive hardware specifications.
seen on lffl.org