As you may know, Canonical is constantly updating its Ubuntu Touch operating system, the OTA-5 Update being scheduled for release in mid-July.
Alejandro J. Cura. has announced in the mailing lists that Unity 8 will be updated with the new thumbnailer used by both the camera and the gallery applications, some fixes for notifications have been implemented, the updating or removal of a scope does not drain the CPU anymore, among others.
Also, OTA-5 will bring the automatic refunds feature, permitting the users to get their money back only in the first 15 minutes after purchasing an app.
Other features announced for OTA-5:
- A LibreOffice Viewer App for Ubuntu Touch is already in the works
- The Sudoku and Terminal apps have been updated
- Support for Media-Hub background playlist got implemented in the Music app
- The Calendar app UI has been improved
- Support for WPA-Enterprize in the network indicator and system settings has been added
- Full shell rotation support will be implemented.
- Push notifications for web apps are under works right now
As a reminder, Ubuntu Touch is used by default on Bq Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition, Bq Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition and Meizu MX4 Ubuntu, a phone that is available only in China, for now. Also, Canonical provides official support for the Nexus 4 smartphone, developed by Google and LG.